After having done a pure Docker/JBoss based IoT Demo-Environment I felt like it was time to bring this demo to the next level, but what does that mean? For me it means to become a bit more “realistic” and to integrate more and different technologies into the demo. In hard facts, this mean
- real, “dumb” sensors connected to some enabling technology like a Raspberry Pi as a smart edge component
- smart sensors directly attached to a microprocessor like ESP8266
- adding some “intelligence” to the smart edge component via technology like Eclipse Kura and RHIOT
- establishing a small smart gateway to do preprocessing, e.g. on a Raspberry Pi ( again )
- cloudbased datacenter services, build on OpenShift V3
In a visual form, this is what I intend to build over the course of the next weeks.
I hope I was able to create some interest, so stay tuned for the first stage to be ready and documented!